I am a coffee addict.
With that being said, last Christmas I gifted a Nespresso maker to myself. I've always wanted an espresso maker. Everytime I make a trip to my local coffee shop i'm mesmerized by the baristas ability to make those adorable little leaves in my latte. I will learn how to do that one day!! But until then...being the semi-lazy person I am, I decided to invest in a Nespresso machine that requires no skill whatsoever to get amazing quality espresso.
The Veurtoline Nespresso maker, which is the one that I own, makes espresso and also full cups of coffee. This is a recipe I came up with that will make you re-think your daily trip to Starbucks! The perfect drink for hot summer days!
- 1 Nespresso Altissio capsule
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup 1% milk (or skim)
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Brew Altissio espresso capsule
2) Stir in honey
3) Pour espresso and honey over ice and stir. Add in milk, half & half, and vanilla and shake.