This may be the easiest recipe ever, and that's exactly why we love it. This is something that can be made on a Sunday night, and eaten throughout the entire week! Perfect for those of you with busy schedules who don't have time to cook every night. Having this prepared for your week will make it easier to make healthier choices, rather than grabbing fast food because you're in a time crunch.
The meal is Crock Pot Salsa chicken, and it only contains 3 ingredients.
1. Boneless chicken breasts (about 4)
2. A jar of salsa
3. A packet of taco seasoning (optional)
*Other seasons can be substituted based on preference.
Simply add all ingredients into your crock pot, and set it on high for 4 hours. Once it's done, shred the chicken with a fork. You now have a base for a number of meals - both lunch and dinner. Some of our favorites are:
- Salsa chicken tacos
- Salsa chicken quesadillas
- Salad topped with salsa chicken
- Spinach or lettuce wraps
- Salsa chicken with a side of either of or mixed with quinoa, rice, or vegetables (or a combination)
This is one of the simplest ways to prep your week for healthy eating and gives you room for variety! And it tastes delicious, too.